When the Bermuda Captive Conference returns to its June slot this year, after being displaced by the America’s Cup last year, it will have a new man at the helm.
In addition, a number of fresh ideas and innovations, including a conference...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Jan 19, 2018 8:00 am
An inspiring and charismatic guest keynote speaker is lined up for the Bermuda Captive Conference in June.
- Jan 19, 2018 8:00 am
Bermudian-based Katie Kelly has been named in a select list of captive industry professionals to watch in 2018.
- Jan 19, 2018 8:00 am
RenaissanceRe has struck an agreement to buy a minority stake in run-off specialist Catalina Holdings.
- Jan 18, 2018 6:20 pm
Modest rate increases after a year of heavy catastrophe losses suggest that the peaks and troughs of the reinsurance cycle are...
- Jan 18, 2018 8:00 am
The sale by Randall & Quilter of part of its business will prove a net positive for jobs in Bermuda.
That is the...
- Jan 17, 2018 8:00 am
Ironshore has promoted two of its island-based staff to top-level management roles.
The insurer has named Steve Horton...
- Jan 17, 2018 4:05 pm
University students home for the holiday break were given the opportunity to participate in a BFIS Speed Networking Lunch on...
- Jan 16, 2018 7:25 pm
Leila Madeiros is to join XL Group as head of compliance and regulatory affairs, Bermuda.
A veteran of the industry...
- Jan 15, 2018 12:48 pm
Randall & Quilter Investment Holdings Ltd has sold its insurance services and captive management operations to UK-based...
- Jan 15, 2018 12:26 pm
A rush of new capital into the reinsurance sector after the third worst catastrophe loss year in history could have “long-term...
- Jan 12, 2018 8:00 am
- Arch’s Iordanou honoured by St John’s
- Guy Carpenter highlights hurricane factors
- XL estimates $315m in Q4 cat losses
- RenRe and RGA launch new life reinsurer
- Abir hires Bermudian Alvera
- Island executives on captive power 50 list
- CFO Booth to leave R&Q
- Bermudian broker Beach sold to Acrisure
- XL Catlin expects $3 trillion of M&A
- Qatar Re gets green light for London branch
- Axis advances with Novae integration
- Fidelis promotes Coulson
- MS Amlin sets up $60m Bermuda sidecar
- Wilhelm joins XL Catlin
- Goldie new CEO of P&C at PartnerRe
- Rosengarten retires from XL Catlin
- Rate rises less than reinsurers hoped for
- Armour gets $500m backing for new reinsurer
- Qatar Re to acquire UK motor insurer
- Captive to relocate to Vermont
- Sompo buys major US surety insurer
- Cartwright appointed president of Rims
- Athene spins off European operations
- Sagicor plans Bermuda reinsurance operation
- Protectionism poses threat to reinsurers
- Validus sponsors $400m cat bond issuance
- Peaks and troughs of reinsurance cycle
- Chubb estimates US tax change benefit
- RenRe estimates US tax Bill impact
- Fitch: tax changes negative for Bermuda market
- Huff aims to build on Kading’s legacy
- Ironshore agency to form GIC Re syndicate
- US tax reform plan clears final hurdle
- Hamilton offloads Sportscover legacy book
- Aspen agrees crop reinsurance partnership
- Reinsurers mull options as US tax hike looms
- Benchimol: age of ‘bionic underwriter’ nears
- Health insurer aiming to be more proactive
- Insurance penetration gap a ‘fake issue’
- Hamilton Underwriting hires Patten
X-Roads stun Hood as tempers flare
Burt planning to relax 60:40 rule
Women urged to go for cancer screening
Douglas accused of sexual harassment
Death of music producer Easton
Sky’s the limit for pilot after debut novel
A rare look inside the RG
Take Our Poll