Driver gets 18-month road ban
A 47-year-old man caught riding a motorbike while more than double the drink-driving limit was banned yesterday for 18 months.
Calvin Trott, from Smith’s, was also fined $1,200 at Magistrates’ Court.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo heard that Trott was stopped by police as he rode along South Road, Devonshire, at about 10.30pm on December 23 last year.
Trott admitted to officers that he had drank Guinness and vodka that evening.
A breath test showed that he had 189 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood — more than twice the limit of 80mg per 100ml.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
‘Deplorable conditions’ at housing complex
Burt to ditch traditional Throne Speech
Local businesses teed up for PGA event
International criminals ‘targeting Bermuda’
Maiden Re plans move from Bermuda to US
D’ezir dressed for success
Man had $170,000 of cannabis in his home
Dowling admits he did not follow rules
Lawyer may face six more assault charges
Tokunbo cleared over breath test
Busy time for tree surgeon after hurricane
An independent take on independence
Teachers hold elections for union roles
Man charged with firearms offences
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive