Driver gets 18-month road ban
A 47-year-old man caught riding a motorbike while more than double the drink-driving limit was banned yesterday for 18 months.
Calvin Trott, from Smith’s, was also fined $1,200 at Magistrates’ Court.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo heard that Trott was stopped by police as he rode along South Road, Devonshire, at about 10.30pm on December 23 last year.
Trott admitted to officers that he had drank Guinness and vodka that evening.
A breath test showed that he had 189 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood — more than twice the limit of 80mg per 100ml.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Dame Jennifer reiterates independence call
Bill to give tourism minister grip on BTA
Not all that glitters is gold
Motorists in Causeway punch-up after crash
Police identify man found dead in home
‘Mr Amazing Man’ defies the odds
Prince of Wales donates art to Masterworks
Police called to reported disturbance
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive