Addict steals to support heroin habit
An admitted heroin user pleaded guilty yesterday to theft to support his drug habit.
Kevin Robinson, 58, from Hamilton Parish, pleaded guilty to stealing from Sports R Us on February 10.
Magistrates’ Court heard that Robinson was seen concealing a sports jersey inside his jacket while inside the store at about 2.45pm.
Police were notified by the store of the theft. When they stopped Robinson, they found five new sports jerseys inside his coat valued at $360.85.
Robinson told the court: “I’m a heroin user.”
He said he had stolen the items to support his drug habit.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo remanded Robinson in custody to attend Drug Treatment Court.
Mr Tokunbo also ordered drug assessment and social inquiry reports to be completed.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Dame Jennifer reiterates independence call
Bill to give tourism minister grip on BTA
Not all that glitters is gold
Motorists in Causeway punch-up after crash
Police identify man found dead in home
‘Mr Amazing Man’ defies the odds
Prince of Wales donates art to Masterworks
Police called to reported disturbance
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive