Cruise passenger accused of sex assault
A cruise ship passenger has denied a sexual assault on another passenger in Bermuda.
The 27-year-old New Jersey man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded not guilty in Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
The incident is alleged to have happened in Sandys last Friday.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo released the man on $10,000 bail on the conditions that he hand over his passport and avoid contact with his alleged victim.
The case was adjourned until August 29.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
New Haus units offered at below $400,000
HomeSafe Bermuda to expand by Christmas
Bermudians get London training with Kennedys
Barriers quickly erected at Watch Hill Park
CoH critical of reform consultation process
Tourist caught with magic mushrooms
DeSilva accuses Scott of ‘scaremongering’
Young entrepreneurs at fever pitch
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive