Mental Health Court for tourist assaulter
A man who hit a female American tourist in the face during a string of violent robberies has been ordered to appear in Mental Health Court.
Jah-Rome Hill, 37, admitted attacking the tourist and two pizza shop employees, within hours of each other.
He also pleaded guilty yesterday to three charges of shoplifting goods with a total value of $26.70.
Magistrates’ Court heard that Hill attacked a 25-year-old American visitor from behind near Somerset Bridge on August 20.
He covered the woman’s mouth, hit her several times in the face and demanded money.
The woman told Hill that she had only a credit card and he forced her to an ATM at nearby Robinson’s Marina.
The tourist escaped while she was at the gas station and shouted for help, but Hill ran away.
Witnesses told police the attacker had distinctive braided hair and a bright T-shirt.
Hill struck again in the early hours of the next day when he attacked two Four Star Pizza staff with a piece of wood as they left the Sandys branch at about 1.15am.
Hill battered one of the men with the piece of wood and stole his wallet, which contained $170.
Magistrate Juan Wolffe adjourned the case until October 29.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
‘Deplorable conditions’ at housing complex
Burt to ditch traditional Throne Speech
Local businesses teed up for PGA event
International criminals ‘targeting Bermuda’
Maiden Re plans move from Bermuda to US
D’ezir dressed for success
Man had $170,000 of cannabis in his home
Dowling admits he did not follow rules
Lawyer may face six more assault charges
Tokunbo cleared over breath test
Busy time for tree surgeon after hurricane
An independent take on independence
Teachers hold elections for union roles
Man charged with firearms offences
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive