Drink-driver damages three vehicles
A Devonshire man was banned from driving for 18 months and fined after he admitted a drink-driving charge.
Magistrates’ Court heard Kimarley Smith, 32, hit a motorcycle and a car as he drove along Mangrove Bay Road in Southampton last Saturday night.
The court was told that Smith’s car hit a parked bike, failed to stop then hit a parked car farther down the road, which was pushed into another car.
Smith told police he had just changed the tyres on his cars and had lost control.
But officers suspected he had been drinking.
Smith told them: “I’m not going to lie. I had one beer.”
The defendant at first refused to give a breath test, but complied when he was taken to Hamilton Police Station.
The test showed he had 100 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood. The legal limit is 80/100.
Magistrate Juan Wolffe also fined Smith $1,200 in addition to the driving ban.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
‘Deplorable conditions’ at housing complex
Burt to ditch traditional Throne Speech
Local businesses teed up for PGA event
Maiden Re plans move from Bermuda to US
International criminals ‘targeting Bermuda’
D’ezir dressed for success
Man had $170,000 of cannabis in his home
Dowling admits he did not follow rules
Lawyer may face six more assault charges
Tokunbo cleared over breath test
Busy time for tree surgeon after hurricane
An independent take on independence
Teachers hold elections for union roles
Man charged with firearms offences
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive