Space Heater Rules
Advice on electric heaters
The fire service has issued safety advice on electrical space heaters.
• keep heating equipment at least 3ft away from anything that can burn;
• do not plug power cords into an extension cord;
• turn off heaters when you leave a room or go to bed;
• inspect for cracked or broken plugs or loose connections;
• avoid using or storing flammable or combustible liquids nearby.
The Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service said in a statement: “Fire is fast. In less than 30 seconds a small flame can turn into a major fire.
“It only takes minutes for thick black smoke to fill a house or for it to be engulfed in flames.”
For more information, e-mail FireProtection@gov.bm.
• To see the advice flyer, click on the PDF under “Related Media”
MPs urged to vote against quad bike use
CEO describes rise from humble beginnings
‘It will not prevent drink driving’
Year at the top – Burt pleased with progress
Belco restores power to thousands
Somerset businesses feeling Cup Match buzz
Arrest over alleged sexual assault of minor
Teaching the masters
Poisoning caused by fish toxin on rise
Barrister accused of conflicting interests
Paediatrician changes role after 37 years
Bermudian workers to fore at St Regis hotel
‘The PLP must focus on leading’
Mother’s Day bash costs woman $1,500
Premier praised for financial management
Take Our Poll