Woman found dead in Pembroke named
Police have named a woman found dead at her Pembroke home on Saturday as Virginia Deborah Kay Smith.
A spokesman said the 81-year-old, better known to her family and friends as Kay, was found at her Cedar Avenue residence at about 7am.
The spokesman added that Ms Smith was found in an “unresponsive state” and was subsequently pronounced dead by a doctor.
He said: “Foul play is not suspected. However, an autopsy is anticipated.”
• This article was amended to correct Ms Smith’s age, after the Bermuda Police Service clarified the information it initially provided
Dame Jennifer reiterates independence call
Bill to give tourism minister grip on BTA
Not all that glitters is gold
Motorists in Causeway punch-up after crash
Police identify man found dead in home
‘Mr Amazing Man’ defies the odds
Prince of Wales donates art to Masterworks
Police called to reported disturbance
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive