Florence fails to stop RG Wahoo Tournament
The 52nd annual Royal Gazette Wahoo Tournament was a huge success yesterday, despite fears of the effects of Hurricane Florence.
Organiser John Barnes said that about 30 boats had signed up to take part in the competition.
Mr Barnes said: “The conditions have been great. There has been some communications going around on WhatsApp that people were very pleased with the weather.
“We were definitely watching out for the storm earlier this week, but the timing of these things can be difficult.
“It’s one of those things where if you push it to next weekend, we might have to cancel again because of another storm.”
Reluctance to swear an oath to the Queen
Bermuda blown away by PNG after hat-trick
Work starts on digitised national ID system
Fifty years of ministry at St Patrick’s
Autism campaigner wins award
The money flow effect and investments
Join the Bahá’ís for a special reading
Packed church bids farewell to Walton Brown
Road death: daughter seeks closure
Return on AC35 not adding up, says Riley
TN Tatem meeting called off through apathy
Bo Bo was our Firefighter hero No 91
Remote working trend gathers pace
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive