Around the churches
• Chapel-of-Ease Church: Christmas bazaar in the Church hall from 9am to 3pm with baked goods, crafts, books, white elephant, raffle and light lunch. Call 297-1217 for more information. 5 Chapel-of-Ease Road, St. David’s.
• Saint Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Pre-Christmas table sale featuring gifts, baked goods and refreshments from 9am until 4pm. To reserve a table: 236-0188 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Astwood Hall, corner of Church and Court Streets, Hamilton.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: Join us for our monthly first Sunday devotional gathering at 11.15am. Lucille Rochester will speak on the theme, ‘Music: food of the soul and the spirit’. Children’s class activities occur simultaneously with the devotional. Refreshments will follow. All are welcome. For more information: 292-2723 or email@example.com. For general information: www.bahai.org. Bahá’í National Centre, 8 Brunswick Street, Hamilton.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: The Rosalie B Johnson Women’s Missionary Society invite you to Carols at the Chapel at 6.30pm. Join us and be blessed! 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• St James’ Anglican Church: And St Michael’s Church invite everyone to their annual Christmas fair featuring the Somerset Brigade Band, Santa, kids’ games, a gourmet kitchen, white elephant, raffles and more. 10am to 4pm in James’ Parish Hall. 90 Main Road, Sandys.
• St Mark’s Anglican Church: Christmas tree and wreath festival and gourmet Christmas bake sale from 10am to 4pm. Return tomorrow for an open house, 12.30pm until 3.30pm. Free admission. Call 747-8893 for information. 53 South Road, Smith’s.
• Women Aglow Int: All are welcome to join our fellowship worship service at 9.45am. Donna Jacobs of Shekinah Worship Centre will speak on the theme No Limits, based on Mark 10:27. Light refreshments will be served. For more information call 293-0955. Astwood Hall, Church Street.
• St Peter’s Church: Join us today and tomorrow between 10am and 2pm for a gift sale at Clair Spencer Hall. 33 Duke of York Street, St George’s.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: The Rosalie B Johnson Women’s Missionary Society is hosting a holiday bake sale starting at 9am on the church grounds. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• BJ Ministries International: Join us every fourth Saturday for our ‘Sharing and Caring, Sister to Sister’ meeting from 10am to 1pm. For more information call 238-7453. Radnor Road Christian Fellowship, North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• Grace Methodist Church: The church is open from 10am to 11am for personal prayer and praise. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Come worship with us at 43 King Street, Hamilton. Sabbath school starts at 9.15am and at 11am, divine worship. Call: 292-7885.
• Iglesia Adventista del Septimo DIA: Culto Divino at 10am with Ministerio Hermandad. Escuela sabatica at 11.30am 92 South Road, Warwick. Contact: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org/ministerio-hermandad
• New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday each month at 84 Somerset Road. 8am-3pm.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our intercessory prayer ministry at 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s from 5.30am to 9am and at 6.30pm to pray for our leaders, for the Lord’s direction for our church, and other specific prayer requests. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for our bilingual worship (Spanish/ English) in Fellowship Hall at 10am. 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• Widows’ fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple. Call 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: Every first Sunday devotional gathering at 11.15am. Geared towards building vibrant communities for a better Bermuda and a better world — spiritually, socially, educationally. Call: 292-2723 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. All are welcome. Bahá’í National Centre, 8 Brunswick Street, Hamilton.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Sunday morning broadcast on Inspire 105 at 6.30am and Amazing Grace with Rev Dr Erskine Simmons at 8am. Sunday school at 9am with Sunday worship service at 10am 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• Centenary United Methodist Church: Invites you to our 11am worship service with Rev Dick Stetler; organist, Sheila Smith. Corner of Collector’s Hill and South Shore Road, Smith’s.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College for Sunday school at 10am and our worship services at 11am and 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. Call 335-0984.
• Discovering Christianity Fellowship: Join us at 1.30pm in the Royal Caribbean Room at BUEI. Call 335-2916 or 238-8010.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church: Children of all ages are invited to join us for Sunday school at 11am 7 York Street, St George’s.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church: Join us for our 11am services at 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Sunday school at 9.30am and morning worship at 11am with Reverend D’Wain Wales. The topic will be “A Weapon of Peace” and the text from 2 Timothy 2:3-7. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Invites you to join us at Heritage Worship Centre from 8am until 9.15am. We provide love and care through sharing each other’s needs, burdens and joys. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for at 9.45am for church school and at 11am for our service with Rev Terry Hassell. The scripture will be Luke 21: 25-36 and the topic, “We Are A People Of Promise”. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly worship service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. Call: 293-7045, email@example.com or facebook.com/FirstUnitedMethodistChurch
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am and worship and praise service at 11am at 23 Queen Street, St George’s. Call 297-0239.
• St Anne’s Anglican Church: Join St. Andrew’s & St. Anne’s Guild members as they celebrate their 86th anniversary during the 10.30am Eucharist on Advent Sunday. Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton.
• St James Anglican Church: Join our 10.30am service at 90 Main Road, Sandys.
• St Luke AME Church: Join us at our 11am service. Contact: 737-7804 or mgburg@bless ed.bm. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am. Call: 293-0882.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church: A free giveaway of clothing on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm at 6 Beacon Hill, Sandys.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Community giveaway of clothing, food and shoes every third Sunday of the month from 1pm until 4pm at Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call: 238-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Salvation Army: All are welcome to join our services at 11am and 6pm at 6 Governor’s Alley, St George’s.
• The Way Ministry Church: Join Pastor Wayne Butterfield for a gathering of believers and unbelievers to pray, worship and share the word of God 10am until 12pm in the staff room of the new Berkeley Institute. Call: 232-0188, 336-9742 or email@example.com.
• Wesley Methodist Church: Join us for Sunday school at 10.45am. All are welcome to join our 11am service with Reverend Meredith Fraser. 41 Church Street, Hamilton.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• First Church of God: A TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm on Sound View Road, Sandys. Call: 234-0492 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• St Anne’s Anglican Church: Open for viewing from 10am and 12pm. View their stained-glass windows and handcrafted Bermuda cedar furniture. Their commemorative 400th anniversary stained glass window tells the story of the area history. All are welcome. Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Prayer group in the sanctuary, from 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month on the corner of Church and Court Streets.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• St Luke AME Church: Invites you to our weekly Bible study at 7pm. We encourage you to bring your Bible, pen, paper and an open heart to hear God’s word. Contact: 737-7804 or email@example.com. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St. David’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s. Call 293-0882.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 537-6480. 60 Middle Road, Warwick.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for a meal at 6pm; prayer/family ministry follows at 7pm. Contact: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org. 92 South Road, Warwick.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon and 7.30pm with Intercessory prayer at 7pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for Bible class.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us between 5pm and 7pm for fun and games with Quinton Mallory. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: All are welcome at our prayer meeting at 6.30pm. Call 292-7885.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Weekly Bible study at 12pm and 7.30pm 2 Mt Zion Lane, Whale Bay Road, Southampton. mtzion.bm
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join our Bible class at 7.30pm at 23 Queen Street, St George’s. Call 297-0239.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Join us for Bible study every Wednesday except the first of each month in the parlour in Astwood Hall at 5.30pm. Led by our pastor, Rev Judith Gardner.
• St John’s Anglican Church: Join our prayer meeting at 1pm. St John’s Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God: Join a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm at 75 Sound View Road, Sandys.
• Widows’ Fellowship Group: Every second Wednesday from 4pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077.
• Bahá’í Faith Firesides: Weekly discourses and discussions on familiar subjects of importance and interest to the community at large. A spiritual enlightenment series will take place biweekly, until February 7 (except December 27). From 7pm-8.30pm. Call 292-2723 or e-mail email@example.com for further information. All are welcome. Bahá’í National Centre, 8 Brunswick Street, Hamilton.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune in to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm to 7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study from 2pm to 3pm with Lay Pastoral Minister Dr Gwyneth Lightbourne at 167 North Shore Road.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Bible study in the city with Rev Jahkimmo Smith. Bring your Bible, lunch, co-worker and your questions. 12.15pm to 1pm at St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Hall.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference: Institute Revival Assembly: Weekly at 23 Ewing Street, 7.30pm to 9pm. Call 238-5983.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Youth meetings at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our youth night from 6pm-9pm 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our Men’s Bible study at 6pm. It’s a time of fellowship — growing through the sharing and understanding of God’s word. Contact: 799-5320 or email@example.com. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for family ministry at 6pm. 92 South Road, Warwick. Contact: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org
• E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org every Thursday before noon with any notices you would like featured. Subject “Around The Churches”
Bermuda blown away by PNG after hat-trick
Walton Brown funeral
Road death: daughter seeks closure
Return on AC35 not adding up, says Riley
TN Tatem meeting called off through apathy
Bo Bo was our Firefighter hero No 91
Remote working trend gathers pace
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive